Welcome to the Russian Step By Step Learning System!
Russian Step By Step for Children Workbook 1 is the first step in this series.
This course includes a Workbook and the corresponding Audio (Direct Download from a website), Teacher’s Manual, Digital Illustrations and Games.
FREE Audio Component
By purchasing this book, you receive the FREE audio component right away! To access the complimentary Direct Digital Audio Download please look inside your book for instructions.
Each audio track is indicated in the books by a loud speaker and a number. That is the track number you need to listen to. The track numbers and the exercise numbers do not match. Please download the digital file to your computer, electronic player, phone or record it to a CD.
We recommend that you listen to all the audio tracks, even if some of the exercises were covered in class. Please listen to the past lessons, as that helps with retention. Listen to the audio in the car (especially during the long trips), while walking, or working out – the more you can incorporate the audio tracks into your everyday activities, the more you will improve your retention, comprehension, and pronunciation.
Structure of the Workbook 1
The Workbook 1 has four parts: Primary Course, Grammar, Answer Key, and Dictionaries.
The Primary Course section consists of 6 lessons. Each lesson introduces new words and new grammar that are practiced in the exercises.
The Grammar section corresponds to the 6 lessons in the Primary Course. Here you will find the explanation of new language and grammar rules that will help you use this language properly. In this section you will also find translation of the new vocabulary.
The Answer Key section provides the answers for the exercises.
The Dictionaries: Adjectives are given in their masculine form. Words are given with the definitions that are used in this book.
Our Series Russian Step By Step for Children consists of many steps. Every book is another step that brings engaging and successful lessons of the Russian Language to the children.
This Series is designed for the children in elementary and middle school (8 – 14 years old).
For children in preschool and kindergarten – please use our series Azbuka.
For the children in high school, college students and adults – please use our series Russian Step By Step School Edition.
This series is a step-by-step introduction to the Russian language for children who do not speak Russian or have a limited exposure to the Russian language. Depending on the level of the child, you can begin using any step of this series.
Our series consists of a Workbook, Audio (Direct Download for a website), a Teacher’s Manual, Slides, and Games. If you are a parent or a relative of the child and will be leading the lessons, you will require the Teacher’s Manual. If you are a teacher – we promise that the Teacher’s Manual will greatly facilitate your lesson plan preparation and significantly cut your lesson prep time.
Upon completion of this book the student will be able to read in Russian, will learn how to form positive and negative statements, yes/no questions, general (who, what, where) questions, you will learn about genders of Russian nouns, you will also learn Personal Pronouns (я, ты, он, она, оно, мы, вы, они) and counting 0 – 10.
For the parents and relatives of the children who will use the book:
Please read the instructions on how to work with this book. You will be the biggest helper to the child outside of the classroom, even if you do not know any Russian.
- At the end of the book you will find the grammar explanations and translations. You do not have to cover them, but if the child expresses interest or asks you about some details they talked in class, this part will help you give the correct answers.
- Use the audio at home not only as part of the homework assignments, but also to cement the covered material. Listen not only to the last lesson, but to at least three preceding lessons. It will help remember the previously covered material.
- The Workbook contains a certain specifically selected amount of material that the student needs. The main outline of the lesson is located in the Teacher’s Manual. If you use this to study by yourself, please start from the Teacher’s Manual.
- Cover all the exercises in the lesson first orally and then in writing. It would be good to assign the exercises as written homework, after you have covered them orally in class. This repeated use helps to reinforce the new material.
- The guiding principle of this book is that the children do not need to be presented with a large volume of new information (grammar, vocabulary). It is more important to work and play with the material presented in each lesson, until the student feels comfortable with it. So do not rush – high speed of presentation and a large volume of new material only make the lesson harder for the children. If you want to add something to the lesson – use the additional components of this series (games, handouts, slides) that cover the same vocabulary and grammar.
Буквы А, К, М, О, С, Т, П, Л; Это маска. Буква Э; Да. Буква Д; Нет. Буквы З, Е, Н
Буквы Б, И, Ч. Кто это? Что это?; Или ; Буква Ф
Буквы В, Г. Что это такое?; Буквы Я, Р. Я, он, она, они; Это, то
Буквы Ж, У; А или И? Тоже; Буква Ё; Буква Й. Это мой чай.
Буквы Х, Ц; Буквы Ъ, Ь. Он, она, оно; Где?
Буквы Ш, Щ; Буква Ы. Я, вы, мы; Буква Ю; Посчитаем! 0 – 10
GRAMMAR AND TRANSLATION
Greetings; Reading Russian; Verb ‘to Be’; Unstressed O; Intonation; Is This …?/Translation
Who is this? What is this?/Translation; Is This Tom or Linda?/Translation
What Is This?/Translation; Personal Pronouns: я, он, она, они; This/That
Conjunctions: а, и; This Is My Brother/Translation; Names
Silent Letters: Ь, Ъ; Gender of Nouns; Where …?/Translation
Personal Pronouns: ты, вы, and мы; I Am Olya/Translation; Counting 0 -10